Saturday, December 27, 2014

Thrice Good Swai

I found a new-to-me, less-expensive fish at SAM's the other day and decided to give it a whirl.   I threw this together tonight, and absolutely LOVED it.  Minimal effort.  Maximum flavor.




I carelessly tossed into a baking dish:

1 frozen Swai fillet
10-12 mini sweet peppers, tops removed
3/4 - 1c. fresh cilantro leaves, with some stems
2 T. butter
Salt and pepper, generously sprinkled over all

Then I baked it at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.  Sorry...that's a guess...it MAY have been as long as 45?  I wasn't paying attention because I had no intention of writing it down, but it was too good! 

The fish was surprisingly tender and moist - so much so that I wondered at first if it was really done.  It was.  It was thrice good: cheap, easy, and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment