Saturday, December 27, 2014

Summer Garden Meat Marinade

This new favorite flavor combination is a veritable party for your palate.  So far, I have used it with some rare yellowfin, rotisserie chicken, and slow-cooked beef.  I add the marinade  ingredients to the cooked and shredded meat, then marinate overnight (or 2 nights!) for the greatest impact.  Best served COLD.

Summer Garden Meat Marinade

Combine the following ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped:


1 med. red onion
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded
Fresh ginger (approx. 2"x2" piece)
3-5 cloves garlic
1 lg. red bell pepper
1 bunch cilantro

Add to shredded meat.  

Puree one can of chipotle peppers in processor (7-11 oz. depending on the level of heat you want). 

Pour chipotle and about 12 oz. lime juice (fresh squeezed or bottled or a combination of both...I've done it all 3 ways!) over meat and chopped veggies.  Stir until well blended.  

Add salt and pepper to taste.  

If desired, finely chop 1-2 mangos and add to mixture.  I prefer it with the mango, but it is very, very good without it too! 

This can be used as a cold meat salad, a chip or cracker dip, in a sandwich, a quesadilla, or an omelet.  I've tried it each of these ways and all I can say is YUM!  Mostly, I prefer to eat it straight up, but get creative and... 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment