Saturday, October 27, 2018

Lemongrass Carrot Soup

Lemongrass Carrot Soup
serves 2

4-5 carrots, diced
1 T. butter
2 T. coconut oil

Saute in a small soup pot until carrots are tender and browned (pan fried carrots...YUM!).  Add the following ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes:

1 t. coriander
1 t. lemongrass
1 t. galangal
2 t. turmeric
1 T. key lime juice
1 T. chicken soup base
1 c. water

Liquefy in food processor.  Return to soup pan and add:

1 T. key lime juice
1/2-1 c. water (to desired consistency)
1/4 c. heavy cream


This is a good opportunity to remind you that I cook by the dump-n-pour method, so my measurements are almost always estimations.  I do multiple tastings throughout and adjust until I find the balance of flavors I was looking for.  So...I encourage you to start with what's here, but don't be shy about increasing or decreasing an ingredient to suit your taste buds!

This soup a great accompaniment to grilled Saratoga, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato hash browns!

No comments:

Post a Comment